Thursday, March 21, 2013

Green

For those of you who follow my Pinterest, you know I'm a little obsessed. I think you know that even if you only read Standing Together Spaces.
But if you know me, you know I like to keep everything organized on there. I just switched to the new look and, while I love it, the shifting is causing some reorganizing issues. It's ok, I'll survive.
I have the four seasons. I have five boards for food. I'm not sure this is really necessary, but I hate it when they're so huge I can't find the bottom! I have one for the past, one for the future, one for cuteness, one for art, one for musing, and one for quotes... and I have one color.
Just one: green.
I almost didn't.
I was afraid I would go to far with it and end up with a whole rainbow.
Green is my favorite color. This color green. But that's not why I did it.


There are so many other fantastic hues I could have chosen, or gotten sucked into. Deep blue. Filtering sunlight yellow. Berry red. Or umbrella red, that bright, crisp, London color. Pale pink.
But green. Green is everything. It's not just that deep, foresty, majestic, pine color I love so much. Green is life. Green is moss growing on the bank. Green is the hills I grew up in. Green upholds the flowers. Green is pushing your hands deep into the dirt one day, and seeing something new come up from the ground another. Green is serenity. Green is Christmas. Green is health and revitalization. Green is being together. Green is God's background color of choice. He put it everywhere.
Take a second and enjoy the greenery.


photo cred: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.

I used to think our high school science teacher was crazy for going on about this color. "Green is good!" he would tell us. It was always the extra credit question and we'd roll our eyes.
But  I don't think I'd roll my eyes again if I was back there in that moment...
ok maybe just a small eye roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Feel free to comment and discuss.