Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Waking

This is how I feel upon waking.



I have a love/hate relationship with my dreams, and a love/hate relationship with this feeling of waking to the reality of them.
I love that they feel so real. I hate that they didn't happen.
or
I wake terrified that they were true.
or
I dream I've got something accomplished and I wake to find it hasn't been.

Even the worst nightmares I have have nothing to do with what actually happens.
for example
I dream I haven't finished my homework and wake startled. I spend the whole day (in reality) feeling like I've forgotten to do something.
or
I'm writing a paper in my dream but I've no idea what it's about and I'm writing nonsense and I have a headache, in my sleep, a headache, ridiculous. Again, I spend the whole of the following day feeling as though I've forgotten something or left something undone.
or
I watch a movie, an action movie or a murder mystery, and walk around in my dreams doing ordinary things and being terribly paranoid and/or with a headache, again.

But sometimes I just dream that I was with my friends, and maybe it'll be nice to tell them that when I see them.
or
I'll just enjoy the memory we've made.

1 comment:

  1. I can't recall any recent dreams I've had that haven't involved friends from BFA. It's always so nice to see them again, if only for a night...

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Feel free to comment and discuss.