Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Julia Child, etc...

Lately, I've been listening to "My Life in France" by Julia Child (with Alex Prud'homme) on CD as I drive solo. It's very good but also makes me wish my life were a bit more exciting at the moment. This effect was compounded by reading this blog article. I don't know what it is but I feel as though I'm lacking in the doing department. Then I reflect a little and realize my life so far has been very exciting. With a little effort hopefully it will continue to do so.


Still, I can't help feel that I lived in Julia's time. Popping off to live in Europe sounds like it was much more simple in those days...
I guess I've had my time, though. New adventures and new places in store!

In other news, I've finally cut my hair again. (It was beginning to fringe up in the back.) Yesterday we popped up to Pennsylvania to retrieve the car we have dubbed "Hugo, the Bluebell." We've also named the other car Anna-Maria. And aside from these short adventures and a few plans, I've been unable to curb my excitement for three things:
1. our upcoming trip to South Carolina for the weekend!
2. my friends new blogs (more to follow on that)
3. the next swing dancing outing! I even spent the better part of a long indoor afternoon making an extensive swing playlist on Spotify. We've also managed to convince our father to come the next time if we teach him before we go. Hannah also sustained a blister on our last outing so we're thinking of investing in some cute shoes for our next adventure! What do you think?
Oh dear, my post-script has turned into quite an affair, but I think we shall leave it as is. I hope you're having a lovely day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Feel free to comment and discuss.