Sunday, October 13, 2013

Truths

Recently a lot of things have been going on and I've heard a lot of truths. I want to write them down in one place so I can look back on them and have them to remember. So here they are. I hope they encourage you like they've been encouraging me.


I need to keep a memorial of the things God does in my life so I can look back and see his faithfulness.

Do I really think I have better things to do with my time than what is great on the heart of God?

Context! A verse can never mean what a verse never meant!

Gideon was cowering in a hole but God called him a mighty warrior. Why is he a mighty warrior? Because God said so! Why are we saints? Because the Lord named us saints.

When making a decision you should consider God's moral will, wisdom, and personal factors (what's happening in your life?) but all of reality is under God's sovereign will. There is no blueprint for my life that's exact. God wants me within his moral will. I'm not big enough to mess up his plan but I'm blessed enough to be a part of it.

The gospel is opposed to earning, but it's not opposed to effort.

The checklist of things that should be part of my walk with Christ is not about favor with God. I already have favor with God through Christ who bought it for me with his blood.

Two men sold themselves into slavery so they could go to an island and die for the gospel of Jesus. As they sailed away they cried out to their friends on shore "Let the Lamb who was slain receive the reward of his suffering!" In other words, everything should be Christ's reward and we should be paying it in love all the time. Those men could say "let us go die for Christ." They could say "Let the Lamb who was slain receive the reward of his suffering" in this big decision because they had already said it with their lives in a thousand small ways.

I shouldn't be about what I'm against. I should be about what I'm FOR.

This list is something I should think about more often.

If I seek contentment and assurance, I need to learn patience first.

Pride demonstrated as pride is obvious to me. It says "I'm better than that." Self-condemnation is also pride. It says "I ought to be better than this."

We have so much hope, so much to look forward to, when the Kingdom comes to Earth.

I should consider the decisions I think are small and meaningless in light of the King I belong to.
I should ask "What's the next step? How do I live intentionally for the glory of God where I am?"

I want my life to be an offering. Let that be my motivation, for all things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Feel free to comment and discuss.